If you observe a suspicious object or potential bomb on campus, do not handle the object. Clear the area and immediately call the University Police at extension 2222 or 417-626-2222.
If you receive a phone call that a bomb or other device has been placed on campus ask the caller:
Keep talking to the caller as long as possible and record the following:
Immediately notify the University Police at extension 2222 or 626-2222 and supply them with the information outlined above.
- The University Police will conduct a detailed device search. Employees are requested to make a cursory inspection of their area for suspicious objects and to report the location to the University Police.
- If necessary, or if directed to do so by the University Police, activate the building alarm.
- When you are told to leave by the University Police, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
- Assist people with disabilities in evacuating buildings. In an emergency, elevators are reserved for people with disabilities only. Do not use elevators in case of fire.
- Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
- If requested, assist the University Police.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the University Police.