- Select "Registration Tools" from the Student Quick Links menu.
- Select "Look Up Classes"
- Select the term you want to search.
- Search for classes by subject, course number, delivery type, days, instructor, and more
If you are currently enrolled with 30 or more hours, you may use Web Registration. It allows you to register yourself for courses that are open if you have met the prerequisites and there is no time conflict with your other courses.
Students on academic probation must contact their Advisor to enroll.
Select the LioNet icon from the MSSU homepage or go to http://lionet.mssu.edu and choose “Registration Tools” from the Quick Links. Your log-on ID and password will be required.
Before you can Web Register:
- Contact your Advisor to be issued a new registration PIN for each term.
- Any holds for academic or financial reasons must be cleared.
- Your assigned beginning enrollment date and time must be met.
- See the Priority Registration schedule below.
- After the first week of the term, you will not be permitted to make changes to your schedule through LioNet.
You also have the option to enroll in person through your Advisor on or after your assigned date.
If you have problems using Web Registration, please see your Advisor.
Priority Registration Instructions
Priority Registration is open to currently enrolled students only.
- You may make an appointment with your Advisor based on your approved date to register according to the schedule below. A list of available appointment times should be posted by the office door of the Advisor.
- Print a CAPP Degree Evaluation to take to your advising appointment. The CAPP will contain your academic record which will be helpful to you and your advisor in planning your schedule.
- Be prompt in keeping your advisor appointment. Your advisor should assist in selecting appropriate classes; however, you share in the responsibility of selecting courses. Check your catalog for prerequisite requirements.
- After meeting with the major Advisor, your schedule will be entered into LioNet by your Advisor or your Advisor will provide you with your Alternate PIN allowing you to register yourself for courses (only for students in good academic standing with 30 or more earned hours).
Spring 2018 Priority Registration Schedule
Regular registration is for students who are unable to pre-register.
Registration will be from 1:00-4:30 p.m. in the major department. Undeclared on campus students should register with Advising, Counseling & Testing Services in Hearnes Hall. Undeclared online students should register with Online Academic Advising. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the registration process. Faculty and staff will not be available for advising or registration before 1:00 p.m. on these dates.
- August 17-18, 2017
Returning students who were not enrolled during the previous semester will start the registration procedure in the Admissions Office, Hearnes Hall.
Late registration will be in the major department. Undeclared on campus students should register with Advising, Counseling & Testing Services in Hearnes Hall. Undeclared online students should register with Online Academic Advising. Email them at email@example.com to begin the registration process.
- August 21-25, 2017
Adding a single class or enrolling in multiple classes will be done in the appropriate department of the class only with the permission of the instructor and Head of the Department offering the course.
- August 28-31, 2017
Southern Welcome Orientation and priority registration programs will be held for all new freshmen. A reservation for participating in the program is required. Contact the Southern Welcome office at 417-625-9731 to make your reservation.
Transfer orientation and registration programs for former students and all new transfer students will be held. You should bring an unofficial copy of transcript(s) to assist in selecting courses for registration. Contact the Southern Welcome office at 417-625-9731 to make your reservation for Orientation.
Transfer students and former students who cannot attend the transfer orientation should contact the department of their major to enroll. Undeclared on campus students should register with Advising, Counseling & Testing Services in Hearnes Hall. Undeclared online students should register with Online Academic Advising. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the registration process.
The cost to audit is the same as for a credit course. You must obtain a "Permit to Audit" from the Registrar's Office and obtain the signatures of the instructor as well as the Dean.
The signed "Permit to Audit" must be returned to the Registrar's Office by the end of the second week of classes (for fall and spring semesters) or the end of the first week of classes (for summer semester). No change from audit to credit or from credit to audit may be made after the second week of classes (for full terms).
Accommodations for students with disabilities are made on an individual basis based on the student's current documentation. If you need services or would like more information, please contact the Coordinator of Student Disability Services at 417-625-9516 in the Student Success Center.