Spring Graduation Timeline
- September 25 - Graduation Application Due to Advisor
- October 25 - Graduation application Due to Registrar's Office
Summer Graduation Timeline
- November 25 - Graduation Application Due to Advisor
- January 25 -Graduation Application Due to Registrar's Office
Fall Graduation Timeline
- March 25 - Graduation Application Due to Advisor
- April 25 - Graduation Application Due to Registrar's Office
- Apply for graduation the term prior to graduation. A $50 graduation application fee will be applied to your account for the term in which you apply to graduate.
*You are responsible for submitting your electronic graduation application through Lionet. Your advisor will submit the graduation checklist to the Registrar's Office.
- Complete the Senior Assessment and Departmental Exit Assessment, if applicable.
- Visit the Career Services office to prepare your resume and learn about the Hire a Lion service.
- Students with federal loans need to schedule an exit interview with the Financial Aid Office during their last term at MSSU.
- Verify your account balance is paid in full prior to commencement.
- Attend the spring Career Fair. Contact Career Services for date and time.
- Attend the Graduation Expo during your last term. Cap & gown (master's hood) will be disbursed at the expo.
- Attend commencement.
If you have already submitted graduation paperwork and need to change your graduation date, please complete the Graduation Date Change Request.
Graduation Expo will be held on Wednesday, November 1 from 9:30 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. in the Connor Ballroom at the Billingsly Student Center. Graduation Expo will offer everything you will need in preparation for graduation. Participants can pick up caps and gowns, order graduation announcements and take care of other graduation related details.
Caps and Gowns
Caps and Gowns are ordered as part of your graduation application and are available for pickup at Graduation Expo. The $30 fee wil be applied to your account for the term of your graduation. Caps and gowns not picked up at Graduation Expo will be available for pick-up in the Office of the Registrar.
Students who have earned regalia cords should plan to pick up the cords from the appropriate office at least one week prior to the ceremony. Wear your cords to commencement. Please see the list below for the location of your cord:
- Athletics: North End Zone, Room 212
- National Scholastic Honor Society, Alpha Chi: Induction ceremony or Academic Affairs Office, Hearnes Hall, Room 208
- Criminal Justice Honor Society, Alpha Phi Sigma: Order in department; pickup at Justice Center, Room 155
- Dental Hygiene Honor Society, Sigma Phi Alpha: Consult Dental Hygiene Department
- Freshman Honor Society, Phi Eta Sigma: First-Year Experiecne, Hearnes Hall 315
- Honors Program: Honors Office, Taylor, Room 208
- Education Honor Society, Kappa Delta Pi: Taylor Hall, Room 222
- International Honor Society in Business, Delta Mu Delta: Plaster Hall, Room 310D
- International Honor Society in Psychology, Psi Chi: Health Science, Room 232
- National History Honor Society, Phi Alpha Theta: Webster Hall, Room 244
- National Leadership Honor Society, Omicron Delta Kappa: Reynolds Hall, Room 241
- National Physics Honor Society, Sigma Pi Sigma, Reynolds Hall, Room 213
- Respiratory Therapy Honor Society, Lambda Beta: Health Science, Room 325
- Veterans: Financial Aid Office: Hearnes Hall, Room 109
Students who have studied abroad through an exchange program with MSSU should plan to pick up their stole from the Institute of International Studies, Webster Hall, 337C. Wear your stole to commencement.
Master's Degree Candidates
Students receiving a master’s degree need to bring their hood to the commencement ceremony for hooding at the ceremony.
Day of Commencement
- Please arrive at Young Gymnasium in your academic regalia at least 30 minutes before your ceremony is scheduled to begin.
In addition to your cap and gown, be sure to wear any cords, stoles, or hoods (Master's candidates only) you have been given.
- Pick up your seating card in Young Gymnasium. You will be lined up for the processional 30 minutes prior to the ceremony. Your seating card is very important. When you approach the stage to receive your diploma, you will give the card to the announcer who will read your name.
- Please note that you will receive only a diploma cover, not your actual diploma, at commencement. Subject to completion of all degree requirements, your diploma will be mailed to the address listed on your application for graduation approximately 4 - 6 weeks following commencement.
If you are a graduate and require special arrangements to accommodate a disability, please telephone Stephanie Workman at 417-625-9515 or email@example.com prior to the Monday before commencement. The ushers on site will accommodate guests with special needs.