In the event a violent accident such as an explosion or aircraft crash occurs on campus that could render a building or area unsafe
Take the following actions:
1. Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other such objects which will give protection against falling glass or debris.
2. Call the University Police at extension 2222 or 417-626-2222. Give your name and describe the location and nature of the emergency.
3. When you are told to leave by the University Police, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and alert others to do the same.
4. Assist people with disabilities with evacuating the area. In the event of an emergency, elevators are reserved for people with disabilities only. Do not use elevators in case of fire.
5. Once outside, move to a clear area away from the affected building(s). Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel.
6. If requested, assist the University Police.
7. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by the University Police.