Southern Ambassadors are a Volunteer Service Organization at Missouri Southern State University for students to provide a “current college student perspective” to visiting prospective students and their parents and guests. Ambassadors conduct tours and provide information about MSSU during weekday campus visits, Saturday tours, Discovery Days, or other events and visits as needed. A Southern Ambassador is also seen as a leader on campus and a role model for prospective and current students.
Students interested in applying:
- Must be a full time student. (12 hours).
- Must be at least a 2nd Semester Student.
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Must attend mandatory meetings once a month.
- Must be available to give at least 1 tour per week when classes are in session during the fall and spring semester.
- Must have a positive attitude/ passion for MSSU.
Southern Ambassadors have a very important duty - they get to be the “FACE” of MSSU to many prospective students. Typically, a campus tour is the first contact a prospective student has had with current MSSU students. Ambassadors will be given a gift certificate to the Regal – Northstar 14 Theater for each tour they give.