About the Degree
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in international studies, you can combine critical thinking and analysis skills with the study of a culture, applying ethics and a global mindset. These skills will help you focus on a career in government, business, and politics in the U.S. and abroad. Beyond your career, you will learn what it means to be a global citizen, opening a window of understanding into other cultures.
What You'll Learn
A greater understanding and knowledge of cultures and societies foreign to your own.
An understanding of the positive impact other cultures and societies have on our lives.
- A means to communicate by way of a second or even third (or more) language.
- The ability to travel abroad and experience a foreign culture firsthand through MSSU's unique Study Abroad program.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- If you want to live or work for a company or corporation based in another country or for a U.S. company with close foreign ties.
- You are intrigued by modern languages and cultures.
- You would like international experience in another field.
- You would like to work in the U.S. Foreign Service or another office in government dealing with international relations.