About the Degree:
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) provides students with the skills necessary to be successful in a rapidly changing business environment. The program is comprehensive and develops students' conceptual and technical accounting competence, communication skills, research and analytical abilities, and leadership. The MAcc degree requires 30 graduate hours and is offered in hybrid format with a combination of day and/or evening classes. The Plaster School of Business offers both a traditional and accelerated course for the MAcc degree. The format is designed specifically for MSSU undergraduate accounting students who want to begin their graduate work during their senior year. If you're a full-time student, you can complete the degree in one calendar year. You complete the degree in two years, if you attend part-time.
What You’ll Learn:
- Information about the theory of auditing, accounting and budgeting and accounting and business analysis.
- Greater understanding of the taxation of corporations and shareholders, as well as taxation of trusts, gifts and estates.
- A thorough comprehension of Internal Audits, including a review of the entire internal audit process.
- A study of the methods and techniques of fraud examination and the professional and ethical standards that form the basis for fraud detection and prevention.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You want to become a Certified Public Accountant.
- You are looking for a career with ample job opportunities and high starting salaries.
- Want to study in a fertile, growing university that offers a limited number of graduate assistantships as you work on your graduate degree.
- Follow link to Admissions - Online Application