About the Degree:
The Master of Arts in Teaching degree, a partnership between Missouri Southern State University and Missouri State University, allows you to broaden and deepen your knowledge and instructional skills. This degree program enables you to pick a particular subject of focus while you work on establishing classroom skills. If you have already established another career path, the degree was designed to allow you to make a smooth transition into teaching into another field in which you have training and skills.
What You’ll Learn:
- Practical teaching skills, focusing on ways to handle your classroom, your students and your curriculum.
- Basic knowledge, abilities and "Teaching 101" information taught during an intensive eight-week summer course with classes offered on both university campuses.
- Ways to use your knowledge and experience outside of teaching to help you become an effective leader inside the classroom.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You are teaching now and want to take the next step in your professional growth.
- You want to obtain both a teaching certificate and a Master's Degree in the context of one program.
- You want to increase your job marketability with the accomplishment conveyed by the completion of a graduate degree.