About the Degree:
Information Technology has become an essential part of modern society. Organizations rely heavily on computer-related components to manage and process information, and they hire IT professionals to develop and oversee those components. This degree will develop your understanding of organizations’ information requirements and prepare you to design and implement information systems to manage them.
What You'll Learn:
- The student must be able to create object-oriented programs of moderate complexity in a currently prominent application programming language.
- The student must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the following: system concepts, operating systems, and networking.
- The student must be able to design and implement a normalized multi-table database that models a given organization’s information requirements.
- As a team leader, the student must be able to set team goals, allocate work, and evaluate the team performance. As a team member, the student must be able to execute tasks and produce deliverables.
- The student must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain employment in the IT field.
- The student must be able to express him/herself with clarity, conciseness, and effectiveness.
This Degree is Great for You if:
- You want to become an information systems manager or IT project manager.
- You have an interest in developing software applications.
- You want to work as a computer programmer, database administrator or computer systems analyst.